The best rehearsal dinner ideas will relieve pre-wedding nerves and set the stage for your big wedding day. A relaxed setting encourages families and friends to get to know each other and feel at ease with the impending nuptials. This does not mean that you are limited to an informal venue and event.
Top catering companies and immaculate venues know how to make guests comfortable without overshadowing your wedding day.
Top 10 Rehearsal Dinner Ideas
- Special rehearsal dinner themes: here is your chance to showcase your idea that was a bit too quirky for your wedding theme or a second favorite choice. Rehearsal dinner themes are also an opportunity to send a message to your guests or tell them a story. We love the idea of a rehearsal dinner bbq. A bbq is the perfect fit for a rehearsal dinner at Springton Manor Farm where guests will enjoy vistas of a rustic barn, lush pastures, perennial gardens and ancient Penn Oak trees.
- Stylish transportation: escort guests to a historic venue like the Manor House in vintage cars from the 1920s and ‘30s. This will immerse guests in the ambience of your wedding before they even arrive to the intimate rehearsal dinner venue.
- Ethnic flair: work with a premier catering company in Pennsylvania to create a custom rehearsal dinner menu that showcases your heritage. You may also teach a cultural dance or song.
- Lucky rehearsal dinner decorations: whether you are hosting a rustic vintage themed rehearsal dinner or just want pass on some luck to guests, we love to include symbols of good fortune. Golden horseshoes are beautiful and can later be used for a game of horseshoes. This simple activity fits in to any rehearsal dinner budget. You may even customize the horseshoes with your names and wedding date so guests can take home as rehearsal dinner favors.
- Couples’ slideshow: play your favorite photos and music to share your story with guests and reminisce on special times.
- Extend the giving: traditionally couples give their bridal party and possibly parents wedding gifts at their rehearsal dinners. But we also encourage brides and grooms to surprise each other with gifts. This sets a wonderful precedent for your wedding and future together.
- Karaoke: this fantastic rehearsal dinner activity breaks the ice without draining your budget. You can kick off the singing inside the Manor House or on its gorgeous porch with quarry tile floors. Guests will enjoy sharing their talents and personalities with this old-fashioned entertainment.
- Beer tasting: let the groom take center stage for a change by sharing some of his favorite beers with guests. He will have fun selecting the samples and love it when friends find a new favorite drink.
- Extend the giving: take advantage of an expansive venue like Springton Manor Farm that spans over 300 acres with a playful scavenger hunt. This will bond guests as they work together to answer questions and follow clues related to your special story.
- Local flavors: one of the biggest considerations when hosting a rehearsal dinner is what food and drinks you will serve. Highlighting local favorites is a great way to show hometown pride and treat guests from out of town to a taste of Pennsylvania. We love putting an innovative twist on traditional dishes so even locals are treated to something special.
We welcome you to join the happy couples that chose the sophisticated Manor House situated on over 300 historic acres of lush farmland for their rehearsal dinners and weddings. You can count on our experienced team to deliver superior food, unique décor and unparalleled service on time and on budget. Contact us to see how our creativity and award-winning attention to detail can help your unique style shine at the Manor House.