Relaxing farmland, a beautiful barn and a historic house—could a setting be more perfect for a rustic wedding in Philadelphia? Yes, yes it could. Because it is attention to the smallest details that really brings wedding dreams to life. That’s why we invite you to explore the latest rustic wedding ideas that put a personal touch and extra bit of love into your Philadelphia wedding venue.
How to Plan a Charming Rustic Wedding in Philadelphia
Find a Historic Countryside Venue
In search of the perfect rustic wedding location near Philadelphia, many couples turn to The Knot’s venue finder tool. But with nearly 1,000 vendors, the results can be fairly overwhelming. That’s why we suggest a more exclusive online tool that will help you sort through your options more efficiently. But either one is likely to guide you to The Manor House at Springton Manor Farm—one of the premier Philadelphia outdoor wedding venues.
According to The Knot, Springton Manor Farm is among the more affordable Philadelphia wedding venues with a view. The numerous venue plans and catering packages offered at this historic location allow you to stay within your wedding budget. And listed as having farm, ranch and barn settings, it’s no wonder you’ll read reviews by couples who “absolutely LOVED this venue.”
On a trip to Springton Manor Farm, you’re likely to find goats, sheep and cattle lazily grazing on the 300 acres of lush farmland. Add in the century-old linden tree, perennial gardens and beach tree grove ceremony spaces and you’re sure to fall in love with this countryside venue.
Relax in Vintage Wedding Attire
The clothes you wear, shoes you slip into and jewelry you choose all have a big impact on how you feel. So make sure wedding attire takes you and your wedding party back to a time of simple joy. We are happy to report that designers are coming out with dresses and accessories that let you do this while being in style.
Chic countryside wedding attire ideas to consider include:
- Trendy vintage dresses: At recent bridal shows, increasingly more designers are showcasing blush, harvest and gold-toned dresses. Add in a touch of vintage lace and you have the perfect fit for a rustic wedding theme.
- Cowboy boots: Your wedding party will kick back and relax in cowboy boots. For a personal touch, you can even invite them to write a saying on the soles.
- Cowboy hats: Black felt hats are a classy cowboy chic way to dress up your wedding party.
Be sure to take plenty of fun and formal photos with your wedding party in this country wedding attire. As one of the brides who chose this location for her Philadelphia wedding says, “The grounds allow for amazing photo opportunities. For those wanting an outdoor wedding, I could not recommend a more beautiful spot!” So take advantage of all this historic location has to offer by capturing stunning indoor and outdoor photos.
Plan Inclusive Countryside Entertainment
On a ranch or farm, everyone has a job to do and a place to relax. So make sure to include all your guests in your wedding activities. Lawn games at cocktail hour are a fun start to your wedding reception. And with more than 300 acres of lush lawns, you can set up as many as you can think of! Later, as the party settles down, light up fire pits for s’mores roasting. We love how this late-night snack and entertainment bring guests of all ages together.
Custom Design a Rustic Wedding Menu
You can count on Springton Manor Farm’s partner vendors—J. Scott Catering and Queen of Hearts—to deliver superior food and unparalleled service on time and on budget to premier Philadelphia venues. We love to see how these talented caterers incorporate seasonal ingredients and a couple’s unique style into farm-to-table menus. Even the presentations are simply astounding.
Dessert stations and bars are great places to highlight your rustic wedding theme with creative displays like:
- Vintage ladders: Wooden ladders are the perfect stand for simple decorations. Or, better yet, deck them with an array of cupcakes—what a fun twist on the cupcake tower wedding trend.
- Wood rounds: These are great platforms to stack mini desserts or your deconstructed wedding cake.
- Flower box coolers: Invite guests to grab a soft beverage out of a wooden flower box or even a flowerpot filled with ice.
Put the Finishing Touches on Your Rustic Wedding Setting
With fenced pastures, stone walls, peaked dormers and a wrap-around veranda, Springton Manor Farm is a wonderfully countryside wedding space in its own right. But we always love to add custom details and unique decor ideas until couples’ wedding visions come to life. Vintage and countryside decorations like these will complete your rustic wedding decor:
- Vintage suitcases: Our favorite idea from Rustic Wedding Chic, these travel pieces can display everything from your guest book to place cards.
- Wine barrels: Filled with colorful bouquets or left to stand alone, wine barrels are among the top rustic wedding decorations. Mini barrels filled with flowers also make great table centerpieces.
- Mr. and Mrs. burlap banner: Believe it or not, you can even take this on as a DIY wedding project. When you sit down to your sweetheart table, you’ll be proud of your handiwork that brought a personal touch to your table.
- Hanging ladder: Hang mason jar lights and delicate flowers from a vintage ladder—now that’s a gorgeous chandelier!
- Burlap and lace floral centerpieces: Mason jars wrapped in burlap and elegant lace are wonderful holders for wildflowers.
- Wood or chalkboard signs: These are a fun and easy way to share information like directions and seating with guests. And because they can even be handmade to incorporate your style into any message, these are among our favorite rustic outdoor wedding ideas.
At Springton Manor Farm, we can customize any of these rustic wedding ideas to match your personality and style. To share your vision and learn how creativity and an award-winning attention to detail can bring your wedding theme to life, contact us online or give us a call at: (610) 733-2516.