Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Springton Manor Farm is etched in beauty and history. And it has a special place in the lives of many couples, too. To understand why so many couples choose Springton Manor Farm over the many impressive Philadelphia wedding venues, we had a chat with the professionals who help bring wedding dreams to life.
Premier service coupled with endless amenities allow couples to relax and embrace all that a top wedding venue has to offer. Let’s take a look at what these amenities are and how they facilitate a flawless wedding day.
Top Philadelphia Wedding Venue Amenities
Practical Comforts and Stylish Décor
Couples are always in awe of the setting itself—the rolling hills, picturesque gardens and farmlands. Guests relax and embrace the views as they watch Scottish Highlanders, Belted Galloway cattle, sheep and goats grazing. Whether couples and their guests explore the property by foot on the many pathways or use our eight-person golf cart to zip around for unique wedding photo ops, they enjoy a relaxing and comfortable experience while taking advantage of full access to every part of this historic property.
It truly is the whole experience that brings wedding dreams to life at Springton Manor Farm. But time and time again, couples praise these smaller details for contributing to their perfect day:
- Wooden Chiviari chairs: A star of many rustic wedding photos, these are among the wedding reception amenities that come standard in our venue packages.
- Ample parking: Although a shuttle service is high on many couples’ wedding must-haves lists, over 200 parking spaces means guests can also drive to Springton Manor Farm and then park with ease.
- Heated reception tent: Because heating is included in your rental fee, you do not have to ask yourself whether keeping your guests warm and comfortable is worth it.
- Barrel bars with planks: Inspiration for custom craft cocktails—one of our favorite wedding upgrades.
- Carefree rain plan: If the weather turns sour, our personnel immediately step in to put up additional tenting structures so that you can enjoy a “rain-free” day. The tent covers the gardens to give you the outdoor wedding ceremony you’ve always wanted in a dry and equally beautiful location. We also open up the house as a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres welcome reception area. And, because it is the perfect cover, the large tent remains the location for your reception.
You may be asking yourself what this deluxe rain plan will cost you. Nothing! We believe that rain should not put worries in your mind. Thanks to our custom-made 50×50 tent over the gardens, our back-up rain plan comes at no additional cost.
- Exclusivity: On your wedding day, you enjoy sole private use of the Manor House property. Because we only host one event per day, you can relax knowing you have our full attention and no time constraints of others rushing in.
- Large bridal and groom suites: Complete with private bathrooms, you have plenty of space to relax and take care of yourself—ensuring that you look and feel your best on your special day.
- Rehearsal on-site: Nothing is more reassuring than running through your wedding plans. That is why we encourage couples to take full advantage of on-site rehearsals that come at no additional cost.
Dating back to the 1700s, couples are not surprised to find countless historic features that give Springton Manor Farm a warm and welcoming feel. Couples’ favorites include:
- Original fireplaces: Updated to be gas, these fireplaces remain quaint and cozy.
- Historic pictures: These images give guests a deeper appreciation for the history that fills the rustic Manor House.
- Genuine architecture: From the quarry tile floors of the porch to the stunning ceilings, couples are in awe of the Manor House’s architecture. Upon arrival, guests first notice the peaked dormers, built in hutches and wrapped around the veranda of this 1800s building. But soon, the carved moldings and brass sconces whisk them away.
- Original wood flooring: This is a subtle yet ever-present touch that adds to the ambiance and relaxing vibe of this historic wedding venue.
Modern Options, Inside and Outside
To ensure weddings continue to run flawlessly at the Manor House, we undertook some significant renovations in 2015. These included:
- 50×80 concrete pad with storm management system
- Custom 50×80 pole tent with 33ft tall peaks
- Custom tented walkways and patio tent
- 1 million BTU heating system
At this time, we also designed new gardens surrounding the tent and in the gazebo wedding area. And we did not stop there. We also renovated the entire first floor of the 1830 historic house, including refreshing the paint as well as redoing the original floors and updating the bathrooms.
Responsive to Feedback
It is our responsibility and pleasure to ensure each and every one of your wants and needs is met. That is why we take the time to fully understand your wedding dream. And then we make every effort to adapt and better the Manor House.
- Step inside: Thanks to the feedback we received from brides, you now enjoy a separate space for the bridal suite and grooms room—soon to be updated to be even more appealing.
- Look outside: We also constantly hear how gorgeous the gardens are, so we make huge investments in the landscaping—giving couples even more incredible vistas and photo ops.
Constant Improvements That Surprise Guests
We are always upgrading Springton Manor Farm to add more conveniences. In the spring 2018, we will redo the wrap-around porch with a new wheelchair ramp. Other improvements are more subtle and continual. For example, we are always looking to add depth and color to the stunning gardens.
If you would like this charming property to serve as the backdrop of your wedding, contact us at 610.733.2516 or online.
More articles you might enjoy:
- How to Choose Among Popular Wedding Venues in Philadelphia
- Simple & Stress-Free: A Spotlight on the Beyer-Stanfa Wedding at Springton Manor Farm
- Mixing Old with New: Being Traditional & Trendy