Melissa Kelly Photography
When getting married at a venue like Springton Manor Farm, a rustic theme is one that flows naturally regardless of the season. We love summer rustic weddings, and there are so many opportunities to take the lushness of the season to create a dreamy, nature-filled wedding that will be serious wedding goals.
We know planning the perfect summer rustic wedding can be overwhelming, so we want to share with you some of our favorite tips for planning!
Summer Rustic Wedding Colors in Philadelphia
When planning a rustic wedding in the summer, think about all the gorgeous light neutrals that will pop against the lush, sprawling green space at the farm. Your colors will set the tone for your day and provide guidance for what florals and décor to select as well. A few of our favorite combos that lend themselves to this are:
- Lavender & White
- Sage & Peach
- Champagne & Dusty Blue
Summer Rustic Wedding Decorations
Rustic elements are natural and inspired by the countryside. Focus on nature with your décor, but also incorporate more modern rustic finds. You can accentuate florals with rich wood features and some fun countryside-inspired pieces like wheelbarrows that will take you back to days gardening in the sun. Imagine all the seeds you will plant together on your new journey as a married couple!
- Wooden ladder display for desserts or décor
- Hanging mason jars with single blooms for the ceremony
- Baby’s breath bundled with burlap and white lace on ceremony aisle seats
- Vintage wheelbarrow filled with seeds for favors
- Wine barrels with carafes of iced tea and lemonade
- Custom, hand-crafted wood signage for ceremony and reception
- Chicken wire folding display for table assignments or photos
- Vintage bicycle draped with greenery and flowers
- Natural wood cornhole boards for lawn game fun
- Metal trough with flip flops for dancing shoes
Summer Rustic Wedding Centerpieces
When it comes to summer rustic centerpieces, the sky is the limit! You can go as simple as putting your table numbers on champagne-colored paper or planting your own little herb gardens in planters for lucky guests to take home after the wedding is over. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Watering cans with flowers
- Tree stumps with lanterns and baby’s breath
- Clear vases wrapped in burlap and lace with flowers
- Galvanized pails filled with flowers
- Sprigs of lavender in white painted mason jars
- Long rectangular wood planters with summer herbs
- Greenery with summer fruits
- Clear vases filled with sliced lemons and flowers wrapped in twine
Summer Rustic Wedding Flower Ideas
There are so many options for beautiful summer flowers to be used in bouquets and décor. One option to incorporate them in a different way is to consider something like a lavender toss after your ceremony. Similar to how some throw rice over the happy couple, leave a small burlap bag of lavender on each seat to be showered in as you make your way down the aisle as a married couple for the first time! Can you imagine the incredible scent?
- Blue Thistle
- Calla Lilies
Summer Rustic Wedding Photos at Springton Manor Farm
Summer at the farm is truly magical. It’s when everything is in full bloom, animals are grazing and you’ll be able to stand outside and get the most magical shots under the stars without a chill. The options are endless when it comes to how you can use flowers and décor to transform this outdoor oasis to exude your personality as a couple and give off that cozy, rustic vibe so fitting of Springton Manor Farm.
We welcome you to visit the property and walk the grounds to envision your big day. Summer is always a super popular time for weddings, so it’s never too early to reach out and start planning your rustic summer wedding with our expert team!